Click here to return to program information
Earn Your Feathers
1. What caused the peregrine falcon to face extinction? Describe how the falcons became endangered.
2. Find out how many peregrine falcons lived in your state or province in 1970. About how many live there today?
3. What did people do to save the peregrine from extinction, and when did the battle get officially underway?
4. Describe what it was like for humans to raise falcon chicks.
5. What is "hacking"?
Sample of award certificate
The "Raptors in the City" package is available in print form or CD and includes:
Complete set of blackline masters including assignments, scorecard, award certificates, assessment tools, resource lists & more
- Resource lists to study the peregrine falcon
- Year's subscription to the "Falcon Flash" e-newsletter, with expert commentary on nesting activities
- Copy of the resource book, "The Peregrine Falcon - Endangered No More"
Note: there is no software to install or learn, but internet access is recommended
Resource book "Highly Recommended"
by Science Books and Film, The American Association for the Advancement of Science
For more reviews about the book, click on the cover